We are excited to announce that you can officially save the date (Saturday, October 7th) for the Second Annual North Shore Roast Beef and Beer Festival, featuring beer by Bent Water Brewing, Coastal Mass Brewing, Rockport Brewing Company, and Notch Brewing, as well as roast beef sandwiches from some of the best in the business on the North Shore.
But what’s important to know is that while having fun and enjoying great food and beer, we’re also constantly striving to be good community partners – to our city of Lynn, to nonprofits we are passionate about, and to our customers.
Last year we donated the majority of the proceeds to two charities that we care deeply about Black Balloon Day, which helps build awareness about those lost to overdoses, and My Brother’s Table, a Lynn-based organization dedicated to nourishing those in need with free meals and unconditional love. Each organization received a check for $1,300.
In addition, we were able to ensure that all participating beeferies had a good day and went home with a profit. Additionally, Andy Ferg of the local North Shore Beefs Facebook group had his best day of merchandise sales ever!
Our goal in continuing this event is threefold:
- To embrace our role as a North Shore-based craft brewery by offering an event that blends some of the most beloved staples of the region: craft beer, proximity to the shore, and roast beef sandwiches.
- To be a good partner to all of our stakeholders: fellow breweries, restaurant partners, customers, promoters, fans, and the city of Lynn that we are proud to call home.
- To do good. This year we have elected to continue the tradition of donating a significant portion of the proceeds from the event to two community partners that we have proudly supported for several years.
- The Special Operators Transition Foundation (SOTF) is a highly tailored veteran transition program that helps elite-tier special operators (such as Navy Seals and Green Berets) secure leadership roles in the business community. The SOTF empowers and enables success for veterans who have enormous potential in a business setting but lack the resources and connections to enter that world on their own, while also providing businesses with the opportunity to work with highly specialized leaders who served our country. Bent Water is committed to funding five Operators. And any donations outside of the fest are also appreciated. Learn more here.
- For years, various members of our team have found ways to donate time and money to help battle Parkinson’s Disease. In 2022, we decided to take a step further. We created Common Hope, a nationwide beer collaboration forged in partnership with Team Fox, the grassroots fundraising arm of the Michael J. Fox Foundation, with proceeds going to benefit critical research. We are proud to announce that Team Fox will be one of the beneficiaries of the Beef and Beer Festival. With family and friends that have been personally affected by Parkison’s, this is a cause that is very close to our hearts. Learn more here.
Be sure to mark that calendar for October 7th, rain or shine. Bring your appetite and a generous spirit and get ready to have some fun. We’re proud to help bring so many aspects of our beloved North Shore community together, and we hope you can join us. Keep your eyes on Bent Water’s social media channels for the location announcement!
Back to News